BIHAR BOARD OF OPEN SCHOOLING AND EXAMINATION (BBOSE):
- Setting up of Bihar Board of Open Schooling and Examination (BBOSE), as an autonomous Organisation of Education Department,Govt.of Bihar in Feb., 2011
- It is an Open & Distance Learning Institution, set up on the lines of National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS), under Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India.
- As an Apex Organisation, in the field of school education, it develops it's own content and books, imparts education, corresponding to all levels of formal school system, i.e. from Class I to Class XII. It also hold Public Examination, followed by grand of Certificates for Class X and Class XII, having equivalence with the Certificates of other Formal School Examination Boards like C.B.S.E./I.C.S.E. and other Secondary Boards of the Country.
- Therefore in effect, it is an amalgamation of State Council of Educational Research and Training and Bihar School Examination Board, in the field of Open & Distance Learning, at school level. It has also been declared as a Nodal Agency for the State. BBOSE has several unique & distinguishing features, which sets it apart from all other formal Examination Boards.
- BBOSE grants Diplomas & Certificates for various educational & vocational courses, for various duration & competency levels.
- It also provides 'Training' for primary level teachers – by a course known as D .El. Ed.
- It also provides, various life enrichment courses, in different categories.Other Innovative features of Bihar Board of Open Schooling & Examination (BBOSE).